Estate Agents In Zimbabwe
The list above is not conclusive and our role here is the dissemination of information and thus we not liable for the action of the agencies.
Tips on choosing an Estate Agent
- Search for estate agents that are active in locations you are searching the property. Some of them are not active in certain locations. For example, in Harare Zimbabwe, most agents have small boards inserted at corners of most streets. Get their contacts.
- Reputation and knowledge-An estate agent’s knowledge of the home buying process and the local market is key. You will get an idea of the agent’s competencies by asking a few key questions like; the length of time they have been in the industry and questions around the law pertaining to property transactions.
- Proof of credentials. Ask to see proof of the agent’s registration certificates. For Zimbabwe, they need to be registered with Zimbabwe Estate Agents Council.
- Trust your intuition. Your agent should speak from the heart.
- Marketing and Networking. This is a people business. Some homes sell because agents have contacted other agents. Do they have a website? Do they carry out extensive marketing?
- The estate agent’s fees. The agent will charge a fee to sell a property and they will also charge you for identifying a property for you. In most cases for Zimbabwean agents, they normally charge the seller a commission and you the buyer they charge a facilitation fee. Fees are usually a percentage of the selling price. A good agent will explain all this in detail and there should be no hidden costs.